Personal data are any information (name, address, e-mail address) about an identified or identifiable natural person that is related to visits to the fk.ee website, use of social media channels and services. The types of personal data are available on the website of the Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate (aki.ee).
1. Whose data does FK process?
FK processes the data of customers and contact persons who have contacted us and/or used our services. In certain cases, we process personal data that is available from public sources.
2. Purposes and legal bases for processing personal data (details) of the customer
FK must process customers’ personal data in order to fulfil its contractual obligations to (potential) customers and provide them with a high-quality service. We collect data (interests of existing and potential customers) from FK’s marketing channels (including website and Facebook account) in order to better understand the needs of our customers and thus provide them with a higher-quality service. This, in turn, provides an opportunity to improve the functionality and user-friendliness of the website.
FK processes personal data for the following purposes:
- creating and managing a customer base;
- offering new products/services to the customer;
- analysing and improving products/services;
- administering websites;
- managing social media;
- complying with legal requirements;
- responding to customer inquiries;
- delivering products.
3. How do we collect your data?
We use automated data collection tools (including cookies, etc.) so that we can provide our customers with better services and products. Personal data are collected from data subjects only with their consent.
A cookie is a small text file that a web server sends to a user’s web browser. It is stored on the user’s computer hard drive and it remembers the user’s preferences (font size, communication language, device information, visit statistics, etc.).
All web browsers are set to allow cookies by default. If necessary, they can be changed so that the browser rejects cookies entirely, blocking third-party cookies or notifying the user of all cookies sent to the user.
Pixel tags are small pieces of code on your website that allow websites to read and install cookies.
FK uses the cookies listed below.
- Session cookies (temporary cookies) intended to enable the use of the service.
- Persistent cookies (stored on the user’s computer after closing the browser) intended to remember the customer’s choices on the FK websites.
- Analytical cookies, which collect information about how the website is used. For example, which content pages are visited the most or what visitors search for on the website, etc. These cookies do not collect information that would allow the user of the website to be directly identified. These include, for example, Google Analytics and Hotjar cookies.
- Advertising cookies that help to mediate ads that are targeted to the user’s interests. For example, the Facebook Pixel code has been added to the fk.ee page. If you no longer want to see ads for FK websites on Facebook, you can disable them by opening https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences. Deleting the ‘Advertisers you have interacted with’ option removes advertising cookies.
Each user has the right to refuse to store cookies on the computer and, if necessary, the browser settings can be changed. When blocking cookies, the user must take into account that all the functions of the website may no longer be available to the user.
Instructions for setting up the most commonly used web browsers:
4. FC may process the following (personal) data:
Contact details – name, e-mail address, and telephone number;
Automatically collected data – data received from a user’s web browser, including browser type, device type, communication language, website address from which the user arrived, which content pages were examined, and the user’s IP address and other traffic data;
User’s actions related to the FK e-mails – which messages were opened by the user and when;
Other personal data – which is publicly available on (third-party) social networks, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Google Plus, Instagram, etc.
FK does not process special types of personal data as a controller.
5. Sharing of personal data
All data are used only for communication and to provide a better product/service.
FK does not transfer the customer’s data outside of the European (EU) Economic Area or share the customer’s personal data with third parties, except under the conditions listed below:
- delivery of products by courier – persons, agencies, and organisations that mediate or provide a courier service;
- debt collection – debt collection service providers, default registers;
- state supervisory authorities and the police of the Republic of Estonia;
- public feedback with the consent of the customer.
6. Security, use, and storage of personal data
FK may send customers information about its services, products, newsletters, and offers if the customer has sent us their contact details to receive an inquiry / price offer.
FK’s highest security priority is the secure storage of (personal) data, making every effort to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, and other unlawful processing. We protect the confidentiality and integrity of personal data and ensure access to the data in accordance with applicable law. We have put in place reasonable and adequate organisational measures to protect the personal data we collect and process.
FK has implemented the necessary technical, physical, and organisational security measures to protect the customer’s (personal) data from loss and illegal processing.
FK retains (personal) data only for as long as is necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were collected. The retention period depends on the need to respond to data subjects’ inquiries, resolve problems, and comply with legal document retention requirements.
If (personal) data are no longer needed and their storage is not required by law, they will be deleted/destroyed in accordance with the procedure prescribed by law.
7. Rights of customer (data subject)
The data subject (customer) has the right to inspect the personal data stored about them and, if necessary, to request that incorrect personal data related to them be corrected and/or deleted. To do this, they must contact us in writing at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the processing of personal data is based on the consent of the data subject (customer), they have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent before withdrawal. In case of all questions concerning the customer’s personal data, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
8. Other provisions